If you take care of your carpet properly by keeping it neat and tidy, this will elongate the life of your rug. Although, you cannot avoid replacing it due to your carpet’s daily wear and tear sooner or later. You may find few evident signs; however, there are others that may be more elusive.
Here are few signs that can determine when you should replace your carpet:
- Spots in the carpet: Are you finding different ways to conceal those spots with rugs and furniture when cleaning fails to eliminate them? Does your house is looking like more of a minefield? Probably, it’s time to replace your carpet. However, most of the rugs come with an anti-stain finish, but over the time, this treatment fails and ultimately leaves your carpet looking unhealthy and extremely dirty.
Fortunately, professional carpet cleaning companies are well-versed with the tricks to get rid of crazy stains. However, there are certain foods such as coffee, tea, wine and mustard that are usually the rigid stains to remove. Carpet cleaners say that, a lot of people make the spots worse by utilizing DIY cleaning methods they encounter on the web, or carpet cleaning products purchased in the stores, that can really ruin the carpet with abrasive chemicals.
- Smelly Carpet: If you have a pet at home or have not really cleaned your carpet for long, you may observe a chronic odor on your carpet. However, the smell should probably go away or decrease once the carpet is thoroughly cleaned. If the odor doesn’t subside, this indicates that the smell has infiltrated deep into your carpet threads, pads, ultimately implying fungus growth.
In such cases, it is better to replace the carpet as it’s one of the practical decisions to get rid of the smell.
- Overuse: Are you using rugs to cover the cuts and slits to hide the problems? Although it is easy to mend those small rips and tears in your carpet on your own, or by taking professionals help to restore it, but if those slits are big, then you really need to replace your carpet.
- Growing allergy indications: Generally, frayed carpets easily seize and hold back allergens, which may lead your aversions to act up. If you observe a growth in allergies, the reason may be your aged carpet.
- Condition of the carpet filler: Carpet wadding is pretty much similar to the pillow under the case; the carpet is nothing more than a layer of cloth without the padding. The padding aids the carpet functioning, making it as a base, and comfy to lay or walk on. Also, it moderate sounds, and keeps the room noiseless and even boosts insulation.
Albeit, carpet padding also soak spills, and cleaning the carpet doesn’t really mean that the pads are cleaned too. Signs of old padding include asymmetry, rumple and pucker sound when someone walks on it.